Carved Traditional Maori Figure, called Poupou, supporting the overhead rafters of the meeting house. These are the tenth and eleventh on the left side after entering the house. The tenth represents the style of the Arawa people of Rotorua and the Bay of Planty. The eleventh is in the style of the Ngati Porou tribe of the east coast north of Gisborne. Te Whare Runanga, built 1940, Waitangi Treaty Grounds, Paihia, north island, New Zealand. The woven panels on either side of the poupou are called tukutuku. These are comprised of vertically-placed toetoe reeds (kakaho) across which lie narrow laths (kaho), laced through with colored strips of pingao grass and kiekie.